There’s a number of different ways to protect yourself from sun damage this summer (and all year round!), especially with the heat wave and severe sunshine we’re experiencing. Most people know of the precautions you can take when venturing outdoors on a sunny day, but did you know that the sun’s UV rays can reach your skin inside as well? Whether you’re driving to work and running errands, or relaxing by a window in your home, you’re susceptible to skin damage that builds up over time.
3M window film can protect you in your car and home, allowing you to live more comfortably in a cooler environment as well as giving you peace of mind about your skin’s health. With skin cancer accounting for nearly half of all cancers in the United States according to the American Cancer Society, it’s important to consider how you can protect yourself and your loved ones.
In a recent edition of Martha Stewart Living, they discuss 7 ways to help protect yourself against skin damage from UV rays. Here’s their list:
- Eyelids are the most common place for non-melonoma skin cancer.
2) 3M Window Tint
- Most sunburns are on the left side of your body… protect yourself while you’re driving!
- Take a look at some of the medicine you take and see if any of it makes you more prone to UV damage.
- 1 ⅓ tablespoons of tomato paste can reduce your risk of sunburn by up to 33%
5) Sunproof your clothes
- Certain laundry products can help give your clothing up to 600% more SPF.
- One cup of coffee or two cups of tea provides enough caffeine to produce a self-destruct signal to pre-cancer cells.
- Know if your relatives have had skin cancer, and if you’ve had it once before you’re more susceptible to a repeat.
For the entire article, visit Martha Stewart Living – Healthy Living – Shedding New Light on SPF